To realise the developed India by 2020

Thursday, November 5, 2009

[India_Vision_2020] [Dr. KALAM's Speech] "Happiness comes only when you meet and solve difficulties and challenges.”

 

Address at during Diwali Celebration Organized by India Association - Your Prosperity is our Happiness

 

http://www.abdulkalam.com/kalam/jsp/display_content.jsp?menuid=28&menuname=Speeches%20/%20Lectures&linkid=68&linkname=Recent&content=1380&columnno=0&starts=0&menu_image=7

 

Re-entry

Now I would like to recall the experience with a NRI, who had come back to India after a stay of twenty eight years abroad whose family has settled in Canada. This young man had his initial education in India, later studied in USA and became a leading Professor in the world in non-linear control systems. One day in 1985, when I was the Director, DRDL I got a letter from him stating, "Mr. Kalam, I would like to work with you during the summer holidays". His name is Prof. M. Vidyasagar. Within a week he reached India and became one of the popular teacher and important scientist in control systems in the campus. Many scientific teams and a number of academic institutions invited him to teach in their institutions. They requested him to participate in their research discussions. At the end of the summer holidays, I remember, Prof Vidyasagar entered my room and told me that he has decided to come back to India. It was a beautiful song for me. I asked Prof. Vidyasagar what made him to take this important decision.. He said, "I have various options, I can be in Canada or USA or I can serve the country where I am born. I would like to choose the option of coming to India and contribute. I know I am going to work in a difficult environment. But happiness comes only when you meet and solve difficulties and challenges." Later, he became the Director of Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics of DRDO and nurtured that establishment. He is now contributing in an innovative manner in the areas of bioinformatics, bio-suite software packages and drug discovery for TCS. I was talking to him yesterday and I asked him how he felt about his decision of coming back to India during the difficult time in 1989. He said, "I am very happy and I do not regret that decision". You are all aware, today India is a much better place and it is ready to deal with the world in terms of equality.

 

 

 


__._,_.___
Please visit the website http://www.indiavision2020.org to read inspiring articles of eminent personalities
.

__,_._,___
Share:

0 comments:

Latest Messages

Blog Archive

India Vision Team


Publisher and Patron
K. Srinivasan,
Team:
Shivanarayan Pasupathy
Jayatheerthan
Balamurugan
Subha Ganesh
Contact
prpoint@gmail.com

India Vision website and ezine

India Vision website offers lot of information about the various aspects of Vision 2020. Please download the ezines and podcasts on this theme. Please visit http://www.indiavision2020.org

India Vision Group



India Vision 2020 is the largest Indian group for youth to discuss the strategies for realising the devleoped India by 2020. This Blog carries the feed from the India Vision discussion group. Please join the group by clicking
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/India_Vision_2020/

Blog Archive