To realise the developed India by 2020

Monday, October 12, 2009

[India_Vision_2020] Ten Point oath for Youth - Celebration of Dr Kalam's birthday

 

dear friends

Dr Abdul Kalam's birthday falls on 15th October.  He is the greatest motivating source for Indians to take the country forward.  As already circulated in the gorup, our Action 2020 TEam met Dr Kalam on 7th October 09 and spent nearly two hours with him.  Already, we have released the first part.  Second and third part will be released tomorrow.

Meanwhile, some of our members wanted the draft of the 10 point oath for administration to youth and students on his birthday.  I reproduce below the 10 point oath, taken out from his Republic Day address of 2004.  You may use this in your organisations.

When Dr Kalam was interacting with us, he also mentioned about his one point oath to the children "I will make my mother happy".  Dr Kalam said that this oath also changed the attitude of the children positively.   This also can be propagated amongst the children you are all serving.

Srinivasan

Ten Point Oath For The Youth Of The Nation:

I will pursue my education or the work with dedication and I will excel in it.
2. From now onwards, I will teach at least 10 persons to read and write those who cannot read and write.
3. I will plant at least 10 saplings and shall ensure their growth through constant care.
4. I will visit rural and urban areas and permanently wean away at least 5 persons from addiction and gambling.
5. I will constantly endeavor to remove the pain of my suffering brethren.
6. I will not support any religious, caste or language differentiation.
7. I will be honest and endeavour to make a corruption free society. 
8. I will work for becoming an enlightened citizen and make my family righteous.
9. I will always be a friend of the mentally and physically challenged and will work hard to make them feel normal, like the rest of us.
10. I will proudly celebrate the success of my country and my people.


__._,_.___
Please visit the website http://www.indiavision2020.org to read inspiring articles of eminent personalities
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Need traffic?

Drive customers

With search ads

on Yahoo!

Yahoo! Groups

Small Business Group

Own a business?

Connect with others.

Group Charity

City Year

Young people who

change the world

.

__,_._,___
Share:

0 comments:

Latest Messages

Blog Archive

India Vision Team


Publisher and Patron
K. Srinivasan,
Team:
Shivanarayan Pasupathy
Jayatheerthan
Balamurugan
Subha Ganesh
Contact
prpoint@gmail.com

India Vision website and ezine

India Vision website offers lot of information about the various aspects of Vision 2020. Please download the ezines and podcasts on this theme. Please visit http://www.indiavision2020.org

India Vision Group



India Vision 2020 is the largest Indian group for youth to discuss the strategies for realising the devleoped India by 2020. This Blog carries the feed from the India Vision discussion group. Please join the group by clicking
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/India_Vision_2020/

Blog Archive