To realise the developed India by 2020

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

[India_Vision_2020] [Dr. KALAM SPEECH] As soon as I have completed my speech, there was a standing ovation

 

 
Vision to evolve a European Union

I think it was in 2006, the President of the European Parliament, Mr Josep Borrell Fontelles called on me at Rashtrapati Bhavan. At that point of time, he extended an invitation that I should come and address the European Parliament having 785 Members representing 27 Member States of European Union. The European Parliament is the only directly-elected body of the European Union. The European Parliament is located in Brussels (Belgium) and Strasbourg (France). When I have been asked to address the European Union Parliament, they have asked me address "Dialogue of Civilization". Finally, we arrived at a mutually convenient date as 25th April 2007 for my address at the European Parliament. By that time Mr Hans-Gert Pỏttering took over as the President of the European Parliament. I also received an invitation from him. I decided to club this visit along with my State visit to Greece. The topic I selected for my address was for the address at the European Parliament. I have chosen the topic "Dynamics of Unity of Nations" with the theme on "Evolution of Enlightened Citizens" for Global peace and prosperity finally leading to the "Confluence of Civilizations". At the end of my address, I have recited a poem, which I have written during my flight to Strasburg.

With the great admiration for the European Union, the poem I have composed was Message from Mother Earth", which I would like to share with you.

Message from Mother Earth

Beautiful Environment leads
To beautiful minds
Beautiful minds generate,
Freshness and creativity
2. Created explorers of land and sea
Created minds that innovate
Created great scientific minds
Created everywhere, why?
3. Gave birth to many discoveries
Discovered a continent and unknown lands
Ventured into unexplored paths
Created new highways
4. In the minds of the best
Worst was also born
Generated seeds of battle and hatred
Hundreds of years of wars and blood;
5. Millions of my wonderful children
Lost in the land and sea
Tears flooded many nations
Many engulfed in ocean of sadness
6. Then, then came, the vision of European Union,
Took the oath,
"Never to turn human knowledge,
Against ourselves or others".
7. United in their thinking,
Actions emanated,
To make Europe prosperous and peaceful,
Born, the European Union.
8. That "Glad Tidings", captivated,
The people of the planet of my galaxy.
OH! European Union, let your missions,
Spread everywhere, like the air we breathe.

As soon as I have completed my speech, there was a standing ovation and during concluding remarks after my address the President of the European Parliament Mr Hans-Gert Pỏttering mentioned, I quote "Mr President Abdul Kalam, in the name of European Parliament, I want to thank you for this most important and inspiring speech. This was one of the extraordinary speeches we have ever heard from a statesman, scientist and a poet, this is unique. All the best to this great nation India, all the best to our cooperation between the great nation India and the European Union, all the best Mr. President".

After the lecture, during lunch, all members individually wanted to talk to me on specific questions pertaining to the address. The general observation was, India is great and India is rich with human values. I consider my address at the European Parliament as one of the very important missions accomplished for promoting Unity of Minds not only within India but throughout the world. With this acknowledgement, EU has reflected its commitment to work with India to achieve this vision, because 100's of years European countries were fighting among themselves. Now because of the vision of European Union, they could come together politically, economically and have a single currency for economic growth among themselves.

I would like every one of you to study and experience of European Union, its civilizational heritage, its cultural heritage, its developmental progress and its pride. So that you will understand how the vision drive not only nation, but the entire continent which fought among themselves for 100's of years.


__._,_.___
Please visit the website http://www.indiavision2020.org to read inspiring articles of eminent personalities
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New business?

Get new customers.

List your web site

in Yahoo! Search.

Yahoo! Groups

Small Business Group

Improve your business

by community exchange

Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Bi-polar disorder

Find support

.

__,_._,___
Share:

0 comments:

Latest Messages

Blog Archive

India Vision Team


Publisher and Patron
K. Srinivasan,
Team:
Shivanarayan Pasupathy
Jayatheerthan
Balamurugan
Subha Ganesh
Contact
prpoint@gmail.com

India Vision website and ezine

India Vision website offers lot of information about the various aspects of Vision 2020. Please download the ezines and podcasts on this theme. Please visit http://www.indiavision2020.org

India Vision Group



India Vision 2020 is the largest Indian group for youth to discuss the strategies for realising the devleoped India by 2020. This Blog carries the feed from the India Vision discussion group. Please join the group by clicking
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/India_Vision_2020/

Blog Archive