To realise the developed India by 2020

Friday, February 22, 2008

Re: [India_Vision_2020] Welcome India Vision US coordinator!

Hello US Members,

I apologize for my silence since Shiva announced my appointment a week ago. I was choked with some personal work, and as such, I could not respond immediately.

First, I want to thank the Vision 2020 India team for this wonderful opportunity. Off this group, I pointed out to the India co-ordinators/moderators that they were an inspiration for all group members, especially for those of us here in the USA, and specifically me. You know, it's easy to talk about developing India and make contributions to that cause when you are enjoying the many benefits of life in America. I find it personally very inspiring to see such proactive leadership emerging from the youth in India. They are real heroes to me. They often talk about celebrating and shining light on the people who are silently contributing to the development of India. I think we should all take a moment to celebrate and congratulate this India team. Way to go, guys!

And, I concur with Shiva's view that the US chapter will be a flat organization like the others. I think that's important to point out from time to time. You can think of this as a "lead without title" model. Volunteer organizations like ours can succeed only with a collective effort of its members.

As co-ordinator, to start with, I plan to invest 3 hours every week. Over the next few days, I will send out an e-mail with my thoughts and ideas about the things we could do, at which point, I will invite your suggestions and also have some questions.

If you wish to contact me directly, I prefer vijay.venkatraman1@gmail.com, although my group subscription is under an alternate id.

@Shiva and other members of the India team:
I want to know if it's ok to send US specific mails to the whole group. I think there's benefit and convenience in that. If you think that's inappropriate, then feel free to let me know.

And that reminds me of one final thing. Please always feel free to tell me what you think. I enjoy receiving feedback, both positive and negative.

I'll be in touch shortly,
Vijay
 
On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 11:04 PM, Shiva Pas <shivapas@yahoo.com> wrote:

Dear Friends
 
  We are happy to have Mr.Vijay Venkatraman as our US India Vision coordinator. He has been in US for quite some time & is very passionate about Vision 2020 ideas. He interest & goal are best explained in his own words :
 
 "At a professional level, I am passionate about designing products and I am pursuing that dream through my work as an Interaction Designer for Tektronix in Beaverton. In the wake of my many multifarious experiences on the extreme ends of what I call the "happiness scale", I have come to be passionate about one thing at a personal level - "helping people". To some, this may sound pompous, and perhaps even dishonest, but it couldn't be further from the truth and has dimensions far greater than the two simple words reveal. So, driven by that personal passion, I am signing up for this position, and through it I hope to advance the goals of the India Vision 2020 effort, with special emphasis of-course on areas that appeal to me"
 
 There is a large indian presence in US & we would like to touch base & help them maintain their link back home.
 
  We request all US members to get in touch with Vijay & work as a team. As we have stressed unteem times, we are a flat org group & no hierarchy. Coordinators real strenght are its constituents, members!!

Vijay may be reached at vijay.venkatraman1@gmail.com

All the best to Vijay on his role ! Looking forward to more activities in US !
 
Regards
shiva
Co-moderator


__._,_.___
Please visit the website http://www.indiavision2020.org to read inspiring articles of eminent personalities
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Search Ads

Get new customers.

List your web site

in Yahoo! Search.

Best of Y! Groups

Check out the best

of what Yahoo!

Groups has to offer.

Lawn & Garden

on Yahoo! Groups

For all things

green and growing.

.

__,_._,___
Share:

0 comments:

Latest Messages

Blog Archive

India Vision Team


Publisher and Patron
K. Srinivasan,
Team:
Shivanarayan Pasupathy
Jayatheerthan
Balamurugan
Subha Ganesh
Contact
prpoint@gmail.com

India Vision website and ezine

India Vision website offers lot of information about the various aspects of Vision 2020. Please download the ezines and podcasts on this theme. Please visit http://www.indiavision2020.org

India Vision Group



India Vision 2020 is the largest Indian group for youth to discuss the strategies for realising the devleoped India by 2020. This Blog carries the feed from the India Vision discussion group. Please join the group by clicking
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/India_Vision_2020/

Blog Archive