To realise the developed India by 2020

Thursday, August 13, 2009

[India_Vision_2020] My feelings after meeting Dr Abdul Kalam as part of Action 2020 team

 


Hii Friends,


                   The day August 11-2009, can be marked as one of the important day in my life. I had the golden opportunity of meeting this great person, Whom I  consider as my God- father Dr APJ Abdul  kalam .He was very happy to see the members of India vision group.Each one representing different  NGO’s. I was there to represent (Frendz For Life)  students family from Pondicherry. Srinivasan sir introduced everyone of us to Dr kalam .
                First, I was little nervous, since I was meeting the missile man , not as an individual person but as a member of action2020 team. That was the first time I saw Dr kalam in person. I had all responsibilities to express him my worthiness to be in this team. Friends, I could say, I haven’t seen such a simple and humble person in my life .Even a child could understand his character and humility in a minute’s time. Any experienced person of his age group, will always like to share his own views only to youngsters rather than listening to them. But Dr Kalam was different. But Dr kalam patiently listened to all of us whatever we said and also gave us suggestions just like a friend.
             When I was introduced to Dr kalam, he saw me and smiled at me. I introduced myself as Britto from Pondicherry and started my brief description of the works we do for the society. I told him “Whenever our students started any activities they would do in his (Dr kalam’s) name. We always worked as told by him”.
Dr kalam looked every one of us and told us the story which had its theme as “What you achieve in your life as told by other person is not important. But, what you achieve for being born in this world in your name is important.”
The message was truly inspiring for me.  
          Some of the interesting Qualities I observed in Dr kalam

* Dr kalam is a stalwart in technical knowledge and One of the renowned world leaders in with vast social experience. Any person of his age and stature will surely try to share his own experiences and may like to give lectures to youth rather than listening to them. In the 50 minutes of our meet, he listened to us for 35 minutes. He perceived completely what we do to society and gave us the friendly suggestion.

 *  When we entered inside the VIP lounge every one of us were nervous since we were about to meet the Ex-President of India, who had received the highest honour of the country Bharat Ratna. When we came out after meeting him. We had only the pleasant feeling of chatting with a good old family friend and we came out in a complete relaxed state. I hope you could perceive how friendly and kind he would have been then to speak. I am not able to express my feelings in the words.

  *  Mr John, the car driver of Srinivasan sir, also wanted to see Dr Kalam. Handshake with Dr kalam was one of the greatest dreams of his life. After knowing this, Dr kalam made him to sit by his side giving equal status. Dr Kalam also shook hands with him and said, “Your Hands are so hard. It shows Your hard work” .I saw the face of John at that time. I could sense his harmony that his hard work in life got its meaning. That moment I realized the real meaning of equality and brotherhood from dictionary of Dr kalam. (You can also see the pictures already already circulated by mr srinivasan)

   *  When we all left the room after taking his autograph, I told Dr kalam
                “I can say FFL’s (Our trust)works are in no way comparable to your  
                  achievement sir   But  in future we  will surely create at least  two Abdul  
                    kalams’s for India “.
               Dr kalam took my hand and  said this beautiful Thirukural

Ulliathu eiythal elithu matrunthan
Ulliathu ullap perin

             It means: When you set your mind determined on something. Just ensure you mind is set on it .You will achieve more, when you set your goal higher. Then I reliazed this great man     and Thirukural has more similar “Short But Powerful”
 
        With this we bid good bye to Dr kalam and left airport. Friends, I like to extend my hearty thanks to Srinivasan sir in this letter.My dream of meeting kalam became reality because of him. He is doing the wonderful work of identifying the potential social workers and taking their works to Dr kalam. Lets all support Srinivasan sir and Indiavision2020 group and show to our country
                                                                                   “Youth are not useless. But they are used Less”  
                                                                                                           Regards,
                                                                 Sebasting Britto Stephen
                                                                     Secretary
                                                                     Frendz For Life Family





Sebastin Britto Stephen
Tata Consultancy Services
165 / 1A, 2& 4 Velachery
Taramani 100 Feet Road, Velachery
Chennai - 600 042,Tamil Nadu
India
Mailto: sebastin.stephen@tcs.com
Website:
http://www.tcs.com
____________________________________________

__._,_.___
Please visit the website http://www.indiavision2020.org to read inspiring articles of eminent personalities
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___
Share:

0 comments:

Latest Messages

Blog Archive

India Vision Team


Publisher and Patron
K. Srinivasan,
Team:
Shivanarayan Pasupathy
Jayatheerthan
Balamurugan
Subha Ganesh
Contact
prpoint@gmail.com

India Vision website and ezine

India Vision website offers lot of information about the various aspects of Vision 2020. Please download the ezines and podcasts on this theme. Please visit http://www.indiavision2020.org

India Vision Group



India Vision 2020 is the largest Indian group for youth to discuss the strategies for realising the devleoped India by 2020. This Blog carries the feed from the India Vision discussion group. Please join the group by clicking
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/India_Vision_2020/

Blog Archive